A quick daily dose of a few of the most interesting/important stories of the past 24 hours or so that don’t get full posts here at RowThree. Follow this column each day (I’ll try to make it each day anyway) and you’ll have the “Cliff’s Notes” for just about everything interesting happening in the movie blogging universe.
1) Thor: The Dark World Official Trailer #2
So this is what Natalie Portman has decided to do with her career.
2) Harrison Ford joins Expendables 3. Bruce Willis drops. Stallone pissed and happy at the same time.
Apparently Stallone had some not nice things to say about Bruce Willis yesterday on his Twitter twits.
3) Kevin Feige Says Marvel Has Its Films Planned Through 2021
A lot can happen in movie world in three years; let alone 7. But hey, Marvel planned out The Avengers ages ago, so maybe thinking this many moves ahead isn’t the worst thing.
4) Long-Lost Orson Welles Film ‘Too Much Johnson’ Found & Restored
a three-part slapstick comedy starring Citizen Kane and Soylent Green actor Joseph Cotten, which were originally supposed to be screened with music and live sound effects, but the project was never completed and was thought lost. But it has just been found in Italy! The film will arrive in the United States on October 16th at the George Eastman House theater in Rochester, New York.
5) More Awesome TIFF Titles Announced
Lots of names. Daniel Radcliffe, Zoe Kazan, Bruce McDonald – and Jake Gyllenhaal in three films.
6) New Clips and a Boatload of Images from James Franco as Hefner in “Lovelace”
I am very much looking forward to this. If for the cast alone. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: Peter Sarsgaard should be in everything.
7) “Sharktopus Versus Mermantula” Begins Filming
These things just get more and more ridiculous. Which means I’m more likely to actually watch.
8) Spike Lee Announces First cast Member and Teaser Poster
You thought Zach Braff was taking shit for his kickstarter? Spike is taking it up the ass. But probably the movie will be good.