• Django Unchained Poster

So the folks over at Yahoo! gave us this wee teaser of a poster today. Normally we’d wait for Friday to post something like this, but quite honestly this poster leaves a little bit to be desired on the imagination front and really isn’t worthy of the prestige that is our Friday One-Sheet posts. But it does promise us one thing: blood. Lots of it. And to tell the truth, I could care less how uninspired this poster may be. This is my #1 most anticipated film for the rest of the year. If it’s Tarantino, I’m in. End of story.

Tags: , , ,

1. Matthew Fabb says:

Christmas Day? Really? I understand that theatres do well on Christmas Day, but this is really not the kind of movie I would expect to release on Christmas Day.

• David Brook says:

I didn’t think cinemas would be open then. Who the hell goes to the cinema on Christmas day? Maybe it’s just my old fashioned view of the holiday, but that’s the last thing on my mind, despite my love of the movies.

• Kurt Halfyard says:

Yea, I don’t go to the movies during the holidays at all, but apparently, that is one of the biggest weeks of the year, hence the cluster of prestige movies that tend to glut up the multiplex at that time.

• I have no desire to go to the theatre on Christmas, either – both because I’d rather spend that day at home with family and because I don’t want to contribute to other people having to work (even though I know they would anyway).

It’s kind of a pain this year, though, because we really want to see both Django Unchained and Les Mis as soon as possible, and Jon’s working the 26th-28th and we may be leaving town on the 29th. It’d be really easy to just double feature them on Christmas Day, but I don’t think I can bring myself to do it. It just doesn’t feel right.

• Sean Kelly says:

I never go ON Christmas Day, but I always see a lot a movies around the holidays (especially since I often get gift cards).

• Matt Gamble says:

It generally goes Christmas Day, day after Christmas and day after Thanksgiving as the three busiest movies days of the year.

We may do as much as 1/5th of our business for the entire year just in December, and generally the first week of December is one of the slowest of the year.

• Matt Gamble says:

They’re called Jews. Also Muslims, and any number of the 1000 other religions that don’t give a fuck about Christmas.

2. Kurt says:

The poster campaign so far is very reminiscent of the Inglorious Basterds work… Maybe they hired the same Key Art company again…