In honor of the ridiculously good Looper (Kurt’s review) being released this weekend, let’s talk about some other films dealing with time travel.
What exactly is a time travel movie, you ask? Well, I don’t know. Use your judgement on this edition of Rank ’em. It’s always silly and difficult and heartbreaking trying to do the meaningless task of ranking movies anyway. As for me, I’d call a movie a time travel movie if time traveling played a significant role in the narrative.
So, yeah, with that said, let’s rank ’em (although let it be know, I’m purposely leaving out Looper until I can watch it a few more times).
8. Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure (Stephen Herek, 1989)
7. The Time Machine (George Pal, 1960)
6. Time After Time (Nicholas Meyer, 1979)
5. Primer (Shane Carruth, 2004)
4. Time Bandits (Terry Gilliam, 1981)
3. The Terminator (James Cameron, 1984)
2. Back to the Future (Robert Zemeckis, 1985)
1. Twelve Monkeys (Terry Gilliam, 1995)
What am I missing? What do you disagree with? What time travel movies do you despise?