Welcome to the post Memorial Day episode of the Cinecast. The gang’s all here – some more sober than others. Kurt & Andrew tread lightly around spoilers (hopefully there are none!) for the superb Norwegian thriller, Headhunters. Matt & Andrew talk with major spoilers about Neil Marshall’s episode of Game of Thrones. Kurt & Matt have a spirited debate about the merits of Lynne Ramsay’s We Need To Talk About Kevin. And all three remember fondly the early aughties sitcom, Arrested Development. Gamble also weighs in on Barry Sonnenfeld’s Men In Black 3. Furthermore, it’s FINALS week, so there is a three part homework assignment: Easy Question, Essay Question and Bonus Question. There is a lotta love for Sneakers, Aardman’s Studio’s Pirates!, off the beaten path Sam Raimi trash cinema.
As always, please join the conversation by leaving your own thoughts in the comment section below and again, thanks for listening!
Full show notes are under the seats…
– Personal thank yous
– Time tracks
– Mobile App/Grosses Contest updated
– Andrew on gmanReviews Movies You Love series (A Clockwork Orange)
– Aliens Quad (Blu-ray) ON SALE!
– Kurt’s “Watch this Instead” video for Moonrise Kingdom via TheSubstream.com
David Brook: Braveheart
Miran Terzic: The Celebration, Late Marriage, Scenes from a Marriage
Rick Vance: Rushmore
Robert Reineke: The Thin Man
Sean Kelly (LetterBoxd): Wedding Crashers, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Courtney Small: About a Boy
Len Fearnside (aka Keith Talent): The Bad Sleep Well
Nat Almirall (LetterBoxd:) A Serious Man, Inherit the Wind
Lennart Andersson: Four Weddings And A Funeral
Dick Japowski: Independence Day
Darryl Bowen: Tomcats
Steven Beckley: Wings of Desire
– Men in Back 3
THE WATCH LIST:
– “Game of Thrones”
– “Arrested Development”
– The Pirates! Band of Misfits
– “Game of Thrones”
– Easy Wheels
– We Need to Talk About Kevin
DVDs/NETFLIX INSTANT NOW AVAILABLE:
Jandy’s DVD Triage
It’s finals week! So we have a three part question for you. Each part is worth TEN POINTS EACH:
1) In honor of MiB hitting the trilogy mark, what is your best example of an on screen duo?
2) In FIVE sentences, what is the movie that made you love movies?
3) In the RowThree Cinecast movie, what actor (or actress) portrays Andrew, Kurt and Matt? And for extra credit, who is the director and why?
Please mail all answers to Andrew James by the afternoon of
Wednesday, June 6
Snow White and the Huntsman