Criterion Valentine Sale [50% off everything!]

HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY! HALF OFF EVERYTHING AT CRITERION.COM!

Starting at noon EST today, February 14, all in-stock Blu-rays and DVDs will be 50% off the suggested retail price (SRP). Just enter the promotional code SWAK on your shopping cart page at Criterion.com to apply the discount.

See you in the poor house.

Andrew James
Podcaster. Tech junkie. Movie lover. Student. Also, beer.

1. I’ve been meaning to finally kickstart my Criterion collection for a while now, so this will be a good opportunity to start (I’ve been holding out, since I’ve been trying to watch how much money I spend on DVDs).

• I won’t give recommendations, but I’m going to be picking up…
      Dazed and Confused, Traffic, 12 Angry Men and either Summer Hours or White Material.

I think I’m finally going to pick up a t-shirt as well.

2. I thought I might make it past this sale without lightening my wallet, but then you had the Belle de jour picture in there and it reminded me that I haven’t picked up Repulsion yet. *sigh* I also really want Anatomy of a Murder, but sadly that one’s not out until NEXT week. :(

3. Yeah that was a massive pain in the ass but got my movies ordered at the end of it. I got 6 because I just put some money aside for sales like this, and so I don’t get murdered on individual shipping.

I got, 8 1/2, Tokyo Drifter, Le Cercle Rouge, Le Samourai, Carlos(this is purely on your review Andrew) & Rushmore

4. Looks like the Criterion site is taking a real beating.

Hope you like Carlos Rick.

I may forego all the movies and get the Robinson Crusoe artwork poster. It’s $125 regular price. Half off would be a steal.

5. Site was a goddamned mess, this was worse than ordering TIFF tickets on the first day. (SNAP!)

Anyways, after 95 minutes of effort my girlfriend and I got each other Godzilla, If…, and The Complete Monterey Pop. BECAUSE OF LOVE.

6. I just placed my order with little trouble. I probably spent about 30 minutes but that was mainly because I had difficulty narrowing down my list to keep within my DVD budget.
    In the end my choices were:
    “The Royal Tenenbaums” and “Topsy-Turvey” (on my wish list for a long time),
    “Charade” (blind buy),
    “Modern Times” (because the family loves Chaplin).

five − 5 =